Wednesday, November 7, 2012

MD ILI- Developing Global Leaders

I leave for Peru in three days with 16 other YMCA professionals from across the country and I think it just hit me. I'm so humbled and gracious for this experience that has truly been a surprise to say the least. I've completed all briefing calls, received my reading materials and had a pre-trip interview on what I hope to learn and what makes someone a global leader. That interview got me thinking more about what I hope to gain from this experience. I was asked what are the three skills or traits that make someone a Global Leader versus just a Leader. I have to say that this one stumped me but I gave the following three attributes:
1- Broad Perspective/Mind
2- Inclusive nature
3- Influence

I was just thinking that a Global Leader probably has had a Global Experience as well!!

After the interview, I am focused on these three skills and how this experience will equip me as a leader.

Stay tuned for more!!
Khalilah
Check out the YMCA in Peru where we will be.
www.ymcaperu.org

No comments:

Post a Comment